Albany Country Club is a soft spike facility. Metal spikes are strictly prohibited on the golf course and in the clubhouse. The locker room attendant would be more than happy to change your spikes, although we would ask that you allow yourself a little extra time before going out to play when having this procedure done.
Appropriate golf attire is required for anyone using the Albany Country Club's golf course and practice facilities. Violations shall be reported by the Pro Shop to Management in writing for appropriate action Repeat offenders will be reported to the Board of Governors.
- MEN: Shirts with sleeves, collars, mock-style turtleneck crew, slacks, and Bermuda length shorts are considered appropriate attire. Shirts shall be tucked in at all times. Tank tops, tee shirts, cut offs, jeans and denim of any color, tennis attire, leggings, bike shorts or short shorts are NOT PERMITTED.
- WOMEN: Golf skirts, mid-length Bermuda shorts (not more than 4 inches above the knee), slacks, golf blouse or shirt both collared, mock style crew neck and sleeveless are considered appropriate attire. Halter tops, tank tops, tube tops, tee shirts, string-strap tops, tennis attire, short shorts, spandex, cutoffs, jeans and denim of any color are NOT PERMITTED. Golf shirts shall be tucked in at all times unless specifically designed to be worn on the outside, but must cover the midriff.
- For junior golfers: Junior golfers are subject to the same rules for dress in all golf areas as defined above.
THIS DRESS CODE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS. Improperly dressed golfers will be asked to change before going onto the course. If in doubt concerning your attire or that of a guest, please check with the pro shop.
- Members must inform their guests of the dress code. Pace of Play
Pace of Play at a private country club is one of those topics that most would rather "just go away". But it can't, as it effects the playing pleasure of everyone. If you are being "pushed" from behind, that's no fun. Or if you are waiting on every shot, that's no fun either. So what's the answer?
A round of golf at Albany Country Club should take approximately 4 hours and 10 minutes. If it's taking much more than that, there is probably a problem. The list below offers some ideas that could help.
- Keep up with the group in front of you.
- Record your scores on the next tee, not on the green.
- Go to your ball with an extra club just in case.
- Hit a provisional ball when you suspect yours is lost or out of bounds.
- Putting out is preferred to marking short putts.
- Play "ready golf", regardless of who may actually be "away."
- Partners in carts should separate when the first person is delivered to his/her ball.
- Allow faster players through.
When all is said and done, awareness of your pace of play is the answer. Your overall enjoyment of the club is of utmost importance.Carts and Course
Any physical damage to a cart while in the possession of a person or persons operating the cart will be the responsibility of that person or those persons and the cost of repairs will be charged to the member or members responsible. Pushing of dead carts with another cart is strictly prohibited.
Players are prohibited from putting their shoes on the armrests or rear fenders to adjust shoelaces.
Only two persons are allowed in a cart at one time. Children under 16 years of age are not allowed to operate a cart. Privileged members 16 through 18 years of age may operate a cart, if they possess a valid driver's license and have obtained the written approval of the Golf Committee.
Carts must follow the dictated routes and obey all signs posted to control cart traffic. Carts must stay on cart paths around all greens and tees and must, under all circumstances be kept at a minimum of 30 feet from all greens and green side bunkers, unless on a cart path. Please respect the green posts located in the roughs as you approach the greens. These indicate the need to proceed to the cart path. In addition, please respect any roping around the greens. It is always best to park a cart in such a position that it is not in the intended line of play (i.e. park all carts either behind or to the side of all greens, Never in front).
Early in the season and after heavy rains, please avoid low places both on the fairways and in the rough.
The cart manufacturer recommends that the cart operator use acceleration (depress pedal all the way to floor) when operating cart under normal conditions on the level fairway. The battery will hold a charge much longer, and there will be less wear on the electric motor.
Golf pull carts provided by Albany Country Club are allowed on the course. A player may carry his or her clubs at any time. Rules for use are the same as for electric carts.
PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION WITH CARTS AND AVOID STEEP GRADES. STAY ON CART PATHS WHEN APPROPRIATE.